town of Winthrop

This forum is shown on the index page along with all topics.
Rumba

town of Winthrop

Post by Rumba » Fri Sep 06, 2024 11:16 am

Did someone buy the town of Winthrop?

Slade

Re: town of Winthrop

Post by Slade » Fri Sep 06, 2024 11:31 am

Who would be legally entitled to even sell it?

SteveNewman

Post by SteveNewman » Fri Sep 06, 2024 12:19 pm

Yes, I have. My previous purchase of Antelope, Oregon back in 1984 went so well I thought I'd bring some similar joy to rural neighbouring Washington. Yours, Rajneesh

wildramble

Post by wildramble » Fri Sep 06, 2024 12:19 pm

Filson acquired sole rights to manage Winthrop's look and 'tude in a hush deal that netted Winthrop kudos of street cred amongst the last vestiges of small mountain towns as depicted in the Mountain Gazette, Cowboys and Indians and other similar various publications. Property taxes will see a small leap, values not so much and your social media feed will see significant gains to many indie makers of must-have outdoor gear and looks-cool-on-me rugged wear.
Filson was bought out in 2012 by Bedrock Manufacturing Co., a privately held investment firm out of Dallas that has outsourced most production to California. The citizenry of Winthrop, in a closed door meeting, was assured a minimal disruption of further infiltration by outside entities (from - gasp - California!... we are used to y'all Seattlites by now) though there will be some noticeable uptick in well-groomed strategists, flim-flam R&D doers, strike-a-pose influencers and other associates of brand development.
Do not be alarmed and regularly check in the MV Senior Citizen's shoppe for tasty nuggets of falutin' fashion statements that do indeed make most everyone's *burro look good.
With any luck, local extras will be in high demand for the forthcoming reality series Cascades Drifter, Washington's last best front porch.

biglakejudy

Post by biglakejudy » Fri Sep 06, 2024 12:19 pm

Why would you ask?

never mind, I got my answer

Indeed, it has been sold
Judy Brezina

RAK

Post by RAK » Fri Sep 06, 2024 7:57 pm

Money Talks!

Rick Karro