T Mobile problems

This forum is shown on the index page along with all topics.
del.Siena

Re: T Mobile problems

Post by del.Siena » Fri Aug 02, 2024 12:36 pm

Talked to T Mobile saleswoman in Bellingham.
She said the problem is poor coverage.
She said there are no T Mobile cell towers in the valley.
She even looked on her map down valley as far as Pateros.... nothing.
-del Siena

DamenMartin

Post by DamenMartin » Fri Aug 02, 2024 8:42 pm

I’ve been on Tmobile in the valley for four years now and I very rarely have issues. Definitely not what you are dealing with… I am an iPhone user and get great service from wee man bridge to pateros.

Paul

Post by Paul » Sat Aug 03, 2024 6:45 am

del.Siena wrote:
> She said there are no T Mobile cell towers in the valley.
> She even looked on her map down valley as far as Pateros.... nothing.

AFAIK, T-Mobile has service from the tower on Patterson Mtn.
They definitely have service from McClure near Twisp and Goat Mtn near Pateros.

You can check coverage by putting various zip codes into their coverage map. I'd say it's a little optimistic in some places, but is pretty accurate overall.
https://www.t-mobile.com/coverage/coverage-map?INTNAV=tNav:Coverage:5G4GCoverageMap

I've been a customer for 12+ years.
Paul Brown

Bcg

Post by Bcg » Sat Aug 03, 2024 1:41 pm

I've been dealing with this for quite a while now with many many different techs, new sim card and even sent me a new phone. Samsung S22 .Still every time I am behind Stud horse Mtn. and I return to line of site of the Patterson tower I have that issue where I can hear but the person calling cannot hear me, also no internet connection. What works is to put the phone in airplane mode and then take it out and that makes the phone search for a new signal. Really undermines my confidence in the phone working when I am in other fringe areas and not exactly my idea of quality time. My wife has a different Samsung phone and never has this issue
Brad

connieburke

Post by connieburke » Sat Aug 03, 2024 6:36 pm

It's good to know about the airplane mode trick. Tmobile really needs to put a tower in Twisp. Does anyone with Tmobile in Twisp use a signal booster? I'd love to know if it makes a difference before laying out a couple hundred to find out there's no improvement.

Thanks
Connie Burke - Twisp

easyday

Post by easyday » Mon Aug 05, 2024 8:43 am

When you pull up the coverage map we only have 2G/3G coverage. I don't think T-mobile will ever work well in this area when borrowing Verizon Cell towers.

Slade

Post by Slade » Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:17 am

Connie, we live just below McClure and my S22 T-Mobile says I'm currently getting 4 bars of 5G UC (Ultra Capacity, their name for the mid-band, the higher speed 5G).

Bob

mvcdist

Post by mvcdist » Mon Aug 05, 2024 2:14 pm

easyday wrote:
> When you pull up the coverage map we only have 2G/3G coverage. I don't
> think T-mobile will ever work well in this area when borrowing Verizon Cell
> towers.

T-Mobile doesn't piggyback on Verizon.
T-Mobile, Verizon and ATT have separate shelters and hang their own antennas on towers owned and managed by American Tower (around here, anyway).

The T-mobile coverage map shows all 4G and 5G except for very remote areas where few, if any, people live. Not sure which map you ended up at.
-----
M.V. Communications District
www.mvcomm.org
Help Request or Problem Report: https://forms.gle/x4gkBK2QrLs3d6ZM8

connieburke

Post by connieburke » Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:47 pm

My Phone is currently showing 5G UC and three bars at my house above Hank's in Twisp

Per Tmobile: The "UC" after 5G stands for "Ultra Capacity," which is a term that T-Mobile uses to describe a part of our 5G network that utilizes mid-band and/or high-band (mmWave) 5G frequencies.

It's supposed to handle "data-intensive applications like streaming..." Nope. I can barely Google, I definitely can't stream anything. I can occasionally, like in the wee hours of the morning when most people are asleep—or on weekday days when visitors aren't adding to the traffic.
Connie Burke - Twisp

jimbo

Post by jimbo » Tue Aug 06, 2024 7:33 am

connieburke wrote:
“It's supposed to handle "data-intensive applications like streaming..." Nope. I can barely Google, I definitely can't stream anything. I can occasionally, like in the wee hours of the morning when most people are asleep—or on weekday days when visitors aren't adding to the traffic.”

I pay $25/mo for the - almost - cheapest plan t-mobile has. II have streamed video and audio from all over the valley. Been with t-mobile for 4 years…using a 4 yr old iphone. I live just south of Twisp.

Doesnt work above Weeman bridge….only dead spot Ive found.

Return to “Main Forum”     Back