T Mobile problems

This forum is shown on the index page along with all topics.
del.Siena

T Mobile problems

Post by del.Siena » Mon Jul 29, 2024 8:27 am

Whenever I am in Winthrop, and call someone, they can't hear me. I've checked all my settings, restarted phone, etc. It only happens in Winthrop. It has been a chronic, but intermittent problem for months.
As of this morning, no calls will even go out. I am driving down valley and nothing works in Twisp or Methow either.
-del Siena Lints

william>>>tell

Re: T Mobile problems

Post by william>>>tell » Mon Jul 29, 2024 5:15 pm

hi there,,heres some feedback,,i've been having that problem for some time,,i call i can hear their voice,,they cannot hear my voice at all,,,sometimes it does work properly but not often,,when i first got on t-mobile it worked great,,,now its a joke...i had called t-mobile customer service some time ago and talked with a real person explained the problem,,not helpful at all..i do get a signal at the city park in winthrop,zilch in twisp..but the call fails most of the time,,i had a tech friend check the phone he indicated there was nothing wrong with the phone...i'm on a prepay phone which means i renew my minutes once a year to carry over the acuminated minutes costing about 13 dollars a year..at this point the 13 dollars is even a waste of money,,i have around 2000 minutes prepaid their system is dysfunctional as far i can tell... i am currently doing some research on a better network,,some friends recommend straight talk...i'm ditching t-mobile its a waste...maybe other users are not having these kind of problems? in the time i've had this network the service keeps deteriorating..i thought maybe it was just my phone...thanks for your post thats a good summary on how bad their service is,,,,,thats my experience with t-not so mobile.....JUNK!!! william>>>tell

del.Siena

Post by del.Siena » Mon Jul 29, 2024 5:25 pm

I solved it.
I did a "Network Reset," which I had never heard of.
I'm not sure, but I think it's a phone issue, not T Mobile.
-del Siena

del.Siena

Post by del.Siena » Wed Jul 31, 2024 11:20 am

I spoke too soon.
Still having the same problem.
The network reset worked for a day or two, but now is ineffective.
Any ideas out there?
-del Siena

del.Siena

Post by del.Siena » Wed Jul 31, 2024 11:21 am

BTW, it could be the phone.
Moto G14

del.Siena

Post by del.Siena » Wed Jul 31, 2024 11:22 am

Android O/S

connieburke

Post by connieburke » Thu Aug 01, 2024 1:00 am

Hey, thanks for sharing. I'm relieved to know I'm not the only one experiencing this! I have a Samsung phone and this issue seems to occur only in Winthrop. I've tried restarting my phone and even hanging up and reattempting the call, but nothing seems to work. It's frustrating and worrying, especially if there's an emergency. 😔
Connie Burke - Twisp

del.Siena

Post by del.Siena » Thu Aug 01, 2024 7:37 am

If you have a Samsung and I have a Motorola, that rules out it being a phone issue..
It could be an issue with Android O/S,.....but I doubt it.
I have the problem in Winthrop and down valley all the way to Brewster.
That makes me think it isn't a specific cell tower that is faulty.
I'm heading to Bellingham tomorrow....see if it continues.
I'm going to the T-Mobile store there.
If they can't fix it, I'm switching companies.
Another mark against T Mobile is they closed their franchise in Omak.
Wenatchee is now the closest.
I could tell some horror stories about Verizon... won't give them my biz.
What do people think of AT&T?

-del Siena

del.Siena

Post by del.Siena » Thu Aug 01, 2024 1:12 pm

I know someone in Brewster having the same problem with a Samsung phone and AT&T network. Could the common denominator be Android OS?
Today,my phone is working.

connieburke

Post by connieburke » Fri Aug 02, 2024 2:45 am

I used a cell tower finder app and it shows 3 Tmobile towers total and all are the greater Winthrop area. None in Twisp. AT&T has far more towers than Verizon. I guess I may have to consider switching. I'm in Twisp and my reception has gotten progressively worse, until it's mostly unreachable no matter the hour, as more people join Tmobile. Boo.
Connie Burke - Twisp

Return to “Main Forum”     Back