Calling all rescue pet lovers!

This forum is shown on the index page along with all topics.
Taylor888

Calling all rescue pet lovers!

Post by Taylor888 » Mon Jun 10, 2024 12:23 pm

I met a most amazing woman this week who runs The Rock Bottom Rocker Pet Pantry animal rescue in Soap Lake. Shawna Kluge is in dire need of funds to help move the non-profit rescue to a new location by June 20. She is only supported by donations and volunteers in the sparsely populated Grant County. Shawna is a petite woman in physical size but has a huge heart for all animals. She currently has several dogs, some cats, chickens, geese, a horse, and others. She not only needs to find a new location in a short amount of time but also pay for moving expenses for all the equipment and feed for the animals in her care.
I only want to help this lady who dedicates all her time to this cause. She works at it 7 days a week, transporting animals to the vet 30 minutes away sometimes twice a day, or picking up food donations at various locations. She is passionate and works so hard at this, and as an animal lover, I want to help her and her animals. If you are an animal lover, I hope you will consider a donation, no matter what the size, she would be profoundly grateful. Or if you cannot help monetarily, perhaps send this post to you animal loving friends, maybe they can help. She has a Donate button on her website at https://rockbottomrocker.org/, but I’m sending a check in the mail today to:
The Rock Bottom Rocker Pet Pantry
PO Box 1285
Soap Lake, WA 98851
We met all of her rescue dogs, but I wanted to highlight one that stole my heart, Alpha (Alphie), a black lab mix neutered boy. He is the sweetest boy, just a lovely soul, about 80 lbs or so. He has been at the shelter virtually his whole life of 2.5 yrs. I couldn’t take him home but I am amazed that a dog of his nature and cuteness has not yet found his forever home. Shawna explained that lack of visibility and low population in the area have played a big role. While I am partial to Alphie, she has many more dogs and animals just waiting for their chance. You can read more about her mission and see her brood at this site: https://rockbottomrocker.org/. Please be sure to check out Alphie, he needs a home!!
Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Suzanne Whittinghill
380 W. Chewuch Rd.
Winthrop

Taylor888

Re: Calling all rescue pet lovers!

Post by Taylor888 » Sat Jun 15, 2024 8:49 am

I was thrilled to learn that Alpha (Alphie) was adopted on Thursday. Just wanted you to hear some good news. I don't know who rescued him, but the man had another dog in his truck, so I'm sure they are all starting their new adventure together.

newbee2019

Post by newbee2019 » Thu Jul 04, 2024 5:46 pm

Hi Suzanne. Inspired by your passion for this dog rescue we contacted Shawna and offered to help with some physical labor. We moved some trash she needed to be taken to the local dump. It was definitely a job for a pick-up which we have. While my wife Melinda is a very hard worker, she was frequently distracted by the beautiful, sweet rescues under Shawna's care. They all look well fed and healthy and each of them leaned against their cages for some petting. I am always amazed that dogs don't hold a grudge against all humans when they have been treated so poorly. As you know this is not an upscale, consistently funded operation. This is one woman who saw a problem and did something on her own to solve it. She loves each of these dogs. We plan to stay in touch and contribute what we can financially. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

All shelters across the USA are full. Upstream actions that we all can take to help: Don't buy from breeders or pet stores, spay or neuter immediately, don't buy from back yard breeders and of course when you want a new dog head to the nearest shelter. You can find almost any dog breed you desire from a rescue shelter.

Robert Titus - Winthrop

returningcurrent

Post by returningcurrent » Thu Jul 04, 2024 8:01 pm

Thank you both for caring enough about this!!
Becca Stott

Taylor888

Post by Taylor888 » Fri Jul 05, 2024 11:38 am

Robert & Melinda, what a wonderful message to wake up to this morning. Thank you very much for letting me know! What you did for Shawna is nothing short of spectacular and your willingness to help someone who desperately needed help gives me hope that she can continue to positively affect the lives of the animals in her care. My observation of her happy pups was the same as Melinda's apparently. I'm so glad that our Methow community can be so giving and caring. Shawna texted me a few weeks ago to say another Winthrop couple gave a sizable donation in honor of their dogs, and my neighbor also has given. I hope this has given her the boost she needs for the massive task ahead of her.
Suzanne

Taylor888

Post by Taylor888 » Sun Jul 07, 2024 11:08 am

More good news! Shawna at Rock Bottom Rocker pet rescue just texted me to say another valley resident just donated. I won't share the name, but sounds a lot like mine :). She also let me know that the oldest and longest tenured dog, Crissy, was fostered with the goal of full adoption (pending approval from the existing dog of the family).

Special shout out to Onyx and Magic. You have very good parents, treat them well.

Return to “Main Forum”     Back