ISO downdraft kitchen range

This forum is shown on the index page along with all topics.
Vicki

ISO downdraft kitchen range

Post by Vicki » Sat Jun 15, 2024 1:53 pm

I'm looking for a downdraft kitchen range in good working order. If you have one for sale please text or call: 509-699-8050 Thank you.

maremare

Re: ISO downdraft kitchen range

Post by maremare » Wed Jun 19, 2024 8:24 pm

Can I ask why? I was going to get a down draft when I built my house to avoid the overhead hood cos my house is small & my gas stove oven is in the island. KitchenAid was the only down draft I found, it wasn't in WA the reviews were very bad for this system and down draft installation was very expensive according to the people doing it. A friend of mine talked me out of it ultimately & problem was solved with a $60 in wall exhaust fan which vents more air than the down draft or a hood would have. It was ok'ed by the building inspector as well.

melcooke1951

Post by melcooke1951 » Wed Jun 19, 2024 8:46 pm

We have a Jenn-Aire downdraft in our home. Can't say the range (gas) is anything special. I would not say the installation of the vent was all that expensive but it of course depends on the layout of the individual installation. Our installation is in a very tall crawl space with a short run to the outside.

My personal experience with an in wall exhaust fan is that it is not as "clean" as the Jenn-Aire in that the often greasy smoke tends to collect on the wall and the fan. The Jenn-Aire has a screen inline that does a fairly good job of catching the oils within the unit. That being said, Maremare seems to be happy with hers and that is important info for sure.

Another factor to consider is that our Jenn-Aire, with a glass top, has two large cracks/chips due to dropping things. A very expensive repair we have opted not to do.
Mel Cooke

maremare

Post by maremare » Thu Jun 20, 2024 10:09 am

I have had my wall fan in the wall for 6 years, I really haven't needed it much actually. It's not gross at all, and it is only about 12" sq. so I have it tucked above my kitchen cabinets. The trade off of maybe having to clean the fan now and then, to not having a range hood going up thru the roof to vent is 100% worth it. Any how, sounds like you have a plan.

moose

Post by moose » Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:27 pm

Another downdraft option is a separate cooktop(gas) with downdraft (Dacor i.e.) and an electric oven designed to install in a lower cabinet (electric). I have designed and built several custom kitchens this way for folks and all have been very pleased with the feature to pick the items/brands, dual fuel etc that work best for them.
Joe Frey

Return to “Main Forum”     Back