FS: Kayak and accessories: Pygmy Arctic Tern 14

This forum is shown on the index page along with all topics.
tommytudoto

FS: Kayak and accessories: Pygmy Arctic Tern 14

Post by tommytudoto » Wed May 01, 2024 1:25 pm

Up for your consideration is a built-from-kit wooden Pygmy Kayak, the Arctic Tern 14'.

Good boat for a teenager or smaller adult. E.g I'm 5' 8" and 135 lbs.

This one has an extra layer of fiberglass, I was told by original owner. Has bulkheads and upgraded hatch covers. The covers are the Valley Canoe rubber type rather than the usual wooden cutouts. So the boat is stronger and the hatches are watertight. It's heavier, but not bad at 45 lbs.

Paddles and moves easily. No rudder but you can turn it. There are discussions about that on YouTube and the Web.

Always stored indoors since I have owned it. No rot, no breakage. Some places on the outer epoxy show drips. Keel is a little abraded from normal use.

I'll include the cockpit cover, two spray skirts and various other accessories, including a home made dolly, and PFD.

$750 for the bundle

But wait there's more:

Thule carrier, the kind that slides back for easier loading: $100 with kayak purchase (I won't sell just the this carrier until the kayak is sold)

Older Yakima J mount carriers: Free with kayak

Paddle: Carbon shaft and fiberglass blades, two piece, from Eddyline I think: $100

Unused gore tex dry suit from Kokotat - it was replaced on warranty about 3 years ago and I never used it, the seals are uncut. Red with yellow, hood. A custom fit to me, so it's size small with an extra inch in the body and in the arms. Worth trying on if you are say, size medium, as I find the fit to be generous. Includes a polypro onesie from NRS, gloves, boots. $950

Offers considered.

Can be seen in Winthrop, I live near the FS Ranger Station.

Tommy

4-two-5 two-4-one zero-4-two-one Please text - I don't answer calls from numbers not in my contact list. If you post questions here I may not see them for a while.

P.S. - Pygmy did close shop a couple of years ago so the Web site is dead. The original owner could not find a buyer. There is an active user group on facebook, something like "friends of pygmy boats".

Return to “Main Forum”     Back