older jewelry etc

This forum is shown on the index page along with all topics.
l223

older jewelry etc

Post by l223 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:04 pm

will someone who has knowledge let me know what to do with 100 year old jewelry, possibly costume, and maybe 25 years younger than that ? Where do i take it to find out if it is valuable or not?

l223

Re: older jewelry etc

Post by l223 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:30 pm

some certainly not costume, all is at least 50 yrs old, some closer to 100 just need someone to tell me not to put it in a yardsale!!!

janeorme

Post by janeorme » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:31 pm

Check the back of each piece and see if there is a designer name. Then Google the name of the designer. From there you might check eBay with the name of the designer to see if your piece is listed.
Keep what you like and will wear. If you don't like something, sell or donate it. If you believe it's worth something, that's another story. Maybe eBay is the answer.

l223

Post by l223 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:46 am

thank you, needed an idea of where to start and i appreciate it so much

wildramble

Post by wildramble » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:38 pm

Heya - Pounders Jewelry in Spokane, WA could advise some through some emails on whether or not those costume/possibly not pieces have marketable value (constantly shifting market but there are pickers out there that look for medium-larger sized lots to stock up for shows on the vintage/antique flea circuits)... If you can track Connie Pierce who used to own Finders Keepers in Spokane, she has an excellent eye for looking over one's collected loot.
Yes, look for maker stamps - plenty of sites online to help with ID

Personally eBay-ability is a mindset go-getter type outlet and for a large lot like you are suggesting it would be time exhaustive to parcel out in my opinion and experience (and have an array of shipping/handling materials AND valuing such pieces for insurance). Tis not so straight forward as "sell it on eBay"! Consignment with a well-trafficked shop with other cases of multi-era jewelry is a viable option or scouting for a picker that'll cash you out in an amount fair to you.

Apple Annie (70,000 sq ft) Antique Gallery in Cashmere is having a flea market this coming Saturday and seems a compatible place to source out rapport in getting your loot looked at and possibly taken off your hand with an education in the process.

Return to “Main Forum”     Back