ISO Mice Protection for my Car

This forum is shown on the index page along with all topics.
kayaker_steve

ISO Mice Protection for my Car

Post by kayaker_steve » Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:37 pm

In search of somebody who can install protection in our cars against mice getting in. I believe that this has been asked before, but the post has now dropped off. Does anybody have recommendations?

Payne

Re: ISO Mice Protection for my Car

Post by Payne » Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:10 pm

Hey Steve

I understand peppermint oil is really effective. I have purchased a big bottle of it and made sawdust sachets soaked in it, and put them in front of the air intakes in the engine compartment that go into my truck. I have to re-oil them every few weeks.

Yes. My truck smells like a Wrigleys gum factory. Way better smelling than mouse nests though. I'm experimenting with it right now and will see how it does through the spring.

Craig

carolwisman

Post by carolwisman » Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:29 pm

Hello, John Stevie does mice proofing of cars. 509 429 5249 He's a busy guy, leave him a message, he'll call you back.
He did 2 cars for us.
Carol Wisman

kayaker_steve

Post by kayaker_steve » Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:56 pm

Hey, thanks for both the Peppermint oil suggestion and the reference to John Stevie, I think I’ll try both.

Chewucher808

Post by Chewucher808 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:08 pm

Highly recommend John Stevie. He’s been doing it for 20+ years. Had him do mouse proof my Toyota Highlander last Fall & it’s the first Winter in my last 7 years in the Valley I had zero mice in my car. He puts metal caging over any & all areas mice can get in-some of my areas had gaping holes mice had chewed their way in- his work is pretty impressive. Very important to put a trap in your car after he’s done bc if any mice were hiding somewhere once he’s done they cant get out! We caught one the week after. We’d tried pepermint oil, dryer sheets, all sorts of products through the year which never worked permanently. Only wish I would have spent the money to get it mouse proofed sooner. I think it cost $200-$300 to get it done- IMO it was worth every penny. Good luck to ya.

Natalia Tuller
Winthrop

jimbo

Post by jimbo » Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:38 pm

If you park inside a garage….i had good luck with a plug-in sonic device. (I put one under the house, too.)

You can get them on Amazon, etc…3 or 4 in a package for $20 or so

karlukkid

Post by karlukkid » Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:32 pm

John has done three cars for me, completely eliminated the issue. Bruce Herron Wolf Creek
Bruce Herron Wolf Creek

Return to “Main Forum”     Back