Vintage Dual Sport Motorcycle For Sale; 1975 Honda XL250

This forum is shown on the index page along with all topics.
maxjmclaughlin

Vintage Dual Sport Motorcycle For Sale; 1975 Honda XL250

Post by maxjmclaughlin » Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:30 pm

Selling my 1975 Honda XL 250. ~6500 miles. Overall in great shape, being from 1975 has its character of course. I have had it for about 3 years and put probably 500 miles on it, mostly just dirt roads. It’s a wonderful little machine and can handle 55/60 on the pavement no problem, but truly loves dirt roads/forest service roads. It’s got off-road tires on it currently, I’d include a brand new set of slightly less aggressive tread tires that I have in the garage (60/40 dirt/pavement).

I’ve done oil changes, repainted the exhaust, cleaned the fuel tank, changed spark plug. Garage stored. Previous owner replaced carb. Otherwise it’s pretty much original to my knowledge.

Leaks a little bit of oil, only hassle here is the small spot it leaves on garage floor, not a leak that demands much attention otherwise. I’ve never had to add oil between changing the oil out. Seems like it would love a new battery as well, the dash and headlight lights are quite dim. The blinkers can be funky at times, sometimes just illuminating but not flashing. I imagine it’s some little short in a wire somewhere or due to the weak battery. it’s never gotten me pulled over or caused me much thought, kind of an “is what it is” thing to me (it’s from 1975 after all).I just hand signal if I’m on a busier road. Feels like the type of thing that could be easily fixed if someone felt like digging into it!

This is an incredible motorcycle and I’m sad to part with it but I just don’t ride it very often and with where I live I need something with a bigger motor that’s less “collector” and more utility for riding/commuting on 2-lane roads.

I have the title in hand!

Price: $2500

I have a motorcycle hitch carrier that you can have for free.Delivery is a possibility…

Text Max, 734-320-4738 for photos or with any questions.

Return to “Main Forum”     Back