SLIDESHOW & TRUNK SALE: April 2 MVCC 4-?

This forum is shown on the index page along with all topics.
cloudbird

SLIDESHOW & TRUNK SALE: April 2 MVCC 4-?

Post by cloudbird » Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:36 am

Hi!
I am here in the Valley only briefly and would love to share with you my experiences working with The Ripple Effect and the Ixil Maya people of northern Guatemala.

This area was a last stronghold of resistance during the 36 year genocidal war. It is a story of trauma and poverty, change and renewed hope.

I have been aware of and communicating with The Ripple Effect for years and my life is such that I can now work with this small non-profit foundation.
They do so much good work in this isolated and poverty-stricken area of Guatemala...it is amazing, the people are kind. Clean water, cook stoves, housing, gardens, reforestation, nutrition education...so much more

My first 5 weeks was one of the most amazing times of my life

And, a job opportunity: we are seeking a couple to come manage the small Lodge, and host small groups of visitors to this remote, non-tourist area, all to support the work of the Foundation.

Join me at the Community Center Gym this coming Tuesday, at 4 to 6, for a slideshow presentation. It will probably run over, I am happy to take your questions.

I brought with me for sale some beautiful textiles and beadwork, and some Cardomom grown in the region. 100% of proceeds from the sale will go to the programs of TRE.

Hope to see you Tuesday, April 2, 4 pm til 6 or on at the Community Center Gym

mvcc

Re: SLIDESHOW & TRUNK SALE: April 2 MVCC 4-?

Post by mvcc » Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:40 pm

I have seen the textiles, they are amazing.
Kirsten Ostlie
509-997-2926

Return to “Main Forum”     Back