Best way to advertise our business services?

This forum is shown on the index page along with all topics.
DoWhatYouLove

Best way to advertise our business services?

Post by DoWhatYouLove » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:08 pm

I’m wondering where and how others have advertised services they offer through their business.

I know we’re not supposed to advertise our business here on the bulletin board and as much as I would like to support the news paper the last time we ran an ad we didn’t get a single response. So I’m wondering what avenues others have taken to advertise for their local business.

Yes we have a website and I am working to optimize the SEO end of it. But I would also like to advertise.
Stacey Mathews

gdufresne

Re: Best way to advertise our business services?

Post by gdufresne » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:11 pm

More important than a website is a Google My business page. This is tied in with Google Maps and gives a real boost in Organic searches

Fill the page with details on your business, use plenty of good photos and encourage people to leave good reviews. And it's free.

I don't know what your business is but you might consider Google Local Ads. Geared towards local services, you only pay when your ad sends you an actual viable lead. These always appear at the top of the page and have a fairly attractive display. These ads will tie in nicely with with the "Google My Business" page and display your reviews with the ad.
Garry Dufresne

anneeyoung

Post by anneeyoung » Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:24 am

I agree with Gary.

gdufresne

Post by gdufresne » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:57 am

I Forgot to mention that sometimes Google will create a business page for you with out asking. It's good for you to search for your business and see if Google has already created the page.

If this is true you will have to "claim" your page, there is usually a button to do this
Garry Dufresne

DoWhatYouLove

Post by DoWhatYouLove » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:11 pm

Thank you for your feedback. Since we are a service business without a storefront, I wonder about creating a google business page, because we don't have a physical location (other than our house, and I'm not overly eager to mark our home as a business location)

I am more so looking for solutions to advertise very specific services that we offer seasonally that I know people would be interested in, we just need to get the word out to more people that its an option that is available to them. To answer your question we spray noxious weeds, and offer lawn health services. So my question is what advertising options exist here in the valley that can really get the word out about one specific service that we offer this time of year. Something that will pop up in front of people who aren't actively searching for said service.

Perhaps one of these days I will create a google business page, but I don't think that it addresses my specific goal at this point. Thank you for the great feedback though!
Stacey Mathews

Reapward

Post by Reapward » Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:31 am

The other way to post about your business is to physically post flyers or business cards.
The Twisp post office has a board but the drawback is that it can become quite crowded.
Other places to leave a business card are the lumber yards. MVL in Twisp has a little display rack at the counter.
Hank's Market has a board or used to. I haven't checked lately. The laundromats do as well.
The Mazama store has a board near their door.
The places mentioned are free.
This BB has a business directory you could advertise on or notice the little ads to the right.
The ads to the right require payment.
Good luck.
Pearl Cherrington

taniamama

Post by taniamama » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:36 pm

I too have to express my frustration in that it is VERY difficult to run a business without many outlets for advertising. Basically all we have are flyers, the newspaper, radio, and social media.

I wish that the bulletin board would allow for paid events to be advertised. Such as workshops, retreats, etc.

In an economy that is already so depressed, we need the bulletin board to support local businesses and help out the local economy.

People sell stuff here all the time, so there is money being exchanged constantly.

I don't see why a business can't make announcements from time to time. It would be a great service to the community and local businesses.

jashof

Post by jashof » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:09 am

Try Methow valley classifieds on FB. It has 3500 members and daily posts

Reapward

Post by Reapward » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:51 am

There is another BB that does allow for advertising free. Pasayten BB.
Pearl Cherrington

Ananda

Post by Ananda » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:41 am

What about KTRT 97.5 The Root?

I think the ads to the right are also very effective.

Return to “Main Forum”     Back