GM car charging at a Tesla site

This forum is shown on the index page along with all topics.
JoeBastian

GM car charging at a Tesla site

Post by JoeBastian » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:10 am

Has anyone tried to charge a GM car at a Tesla charging site? News media said this was supposed to happen in Feb 24 but I heard about the required adapter. Specifically curious about the Cle Elum site.

barnaby

Re: GM car charging at a Tesla site

Post by barnaby » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:36 am

We don't have an E vehicle but still wonder if the charging station at the library is ever going to work?
Barnaby
Al Blakeslee Wolf Creek

Nordski

Post by Nordski » Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:17 pm

There are two types of Tesla Charging stations. The fancy "Super Charger" installations, like the one in Entiat, are DC fast chargers. The other type are called "Destination" chargers, like the ones at Sun Mtn, and are level 2 chargers. These are found mostly at hotels.

The Destination chargers will work with most EV's if you have your own adapter. At this time most of the Super Charger stations will not work with non Tesla's.

Tesla is currently adapting their Super Charger sites to be able work with non Tesla's. So far there are only 3 locations in Washington (Forks, Moses Lake, and Quincy) that have been retrofitted with their "Magic Dock", which is required for us non Tesla owners to be able to use their Super Chargers.

It's a bit off the path on your way to Cle Elum but there is a DC fast charger at the Leavenworth Safeway.
Rick Nordby

JoeBastian

Post by JoeBastian » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:03 pm

Wow thanks for the information Rick. I didn't know about the one in Levenworth

CAE

Post by CAE » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:06 pm

Plugshare is a good way to find chargers of all types. plugshare dot com or download the app. You will need the adapter from GM to use the Tesla superchargers - hopefully they will provide that soon. There are new non-Tesla fast chargers installed in Pateros but I'm not sure if they are active yet.

Return to “Main Forum”     Back