This forum is shown on the index page along with all topics.
zoey&jack

Post by zoey&jack » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:24 pm

Have you ever wanted to learn how to sew? Are you curious about making your own outdoor gear, backpacks, or bike bags? Do you wish you had a sleek and easy way to carry around your snacks, an extra layer, tools, or other goodies on your bike?

If you answered YES! to any of these questions, sign up NOW for our Framebag Sewing Clinic, starting March 3rd at the Winthrop Barn!!

What is a framebag?? A framebag is a sleek, functional bag that fits within the main triangle of a bike frame. Framebags are ideal and convenient storage for any type of bike: commuting, road, gravel, and mountain biking. Framebags offer a centered and balanced place to store gear/snacks/drinks/layers/accessories, and they can eliminate the need to carry a backpack while you ride!

Learning to sew a framebag is a great introduction to sewing. You'll learn how to work with a variety of materials -- from zippers to nylon webbing to tough and durable outdoor fabrics. This can open up a whole world of possibilities and you'll gain the basic skills to make other bike bags, backpacks, and beyond!

EVENT DETAILS:
WHAT: Learn how to sew your own custom framebag for your bike, and open up a world of possibilities for sewing your own gear in the future!

WHO: The clinic is designed for ANY level of experience and we encourage beginners to join -- even if you've never touched a sewing machine before! We'll teach you sewing basics before jumping into your framebag project, and you'll get plenty of practice along the way too. We also encourage sewers of ANY level to join; the clinic progression is flexible for folks who know their way around a machine.

WHEN: March 3, 17, and 31 (every other Sunday in March) from 5pm - 8pm. The clinic is designed as a 3-part progression from start to finish of a framebag. Additionally, you may need to spend some time working on your framebag outside of class in order to finish your project by the end of the clinic, depending on your experience with sewing. There may be an additional 4th session, if needed, date, time, location TBD.

WHERE: Winthrop Barn -- Hen House meeting room

COST: $105 -- this is the cost of materials and the venue rental. Any left over materials are yours to keep! We have some partial scholarships available through the generous support of our sponsor, Methow Cycle and Sport!

REGISTER HERE: copy and paste this link into your browser to fill out the registration form!
https://forms.gle/ftCoZvmabx3uf3TN9

What are you waiting for! Sign up now and let's make some sweet framebags!

-Zoey & Jack

bridger

Re: SIGN UP NOW to learn how to sew your own Framebag!

Post by bridger » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:42 pm

So glad this is becoming a reality! Zoey and Jack have been teaching me to sew, and I've been the lucky guinea pig for this course. I'm nearly finished with my frame bag, and excited to continue applying my new sewing skills in a variety of ways: gear repairs, clothing modifications, more outdoor gear, oh my!

Return to “Main Forum”     Back