KTRT 97.5 Internet Streaming and Stereo Audio Upgrade!

This forum is shown on the index page along with all topics.
greggoad

KTRT 97.5 Internet Streaming and Stereo Audio Upgrade!

Post by greggoad » Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:58 am

Hi, I'm helping KTRT 97.5 The Root in Twisp, WA to upgrade their in-studio capabilities to improve signal strength and quality and to establish capabilities to stream the broadcast to the internet so that anybody anywhere with a device connected to the internet can listen to our very special community station.

We have determined that the best way to accomplish these goals is to purchase a turnkey piece of equipment: The Inovoincs Novia 272 processor. This processor will do the following:
Generate a FM stereo signal. (The root is currently being broadcast in mono)
Provide automatic gain control and limiting to boost the perceived signal strength and even out the volume level of the broadcast
Make KTRT's signal quality competitive with the industry standard with multiband compression, EQ and Pre-Emphasis
Add capability to stream the broadcast in real time to the internet

Back in the day when the station first opened and the studio was in the attic of Don's ceramics studio I had a radio show. I really appreciate KTRT and I've been dreaming of helping to make these upgrades for years.

We aim to purchase the equipment on Feb 5 to meet a target date of Feb 29 (leap year) to go live with the upgrade.

If you'd like to contribute to this effort you can tune in to the upgraded Root and know you helped make it happen! We'd really appreciate your contribution to support Community Radio!

Please check out the Gofundme page if you'd like to make a contribution.

https://gofund.me/3533f6ee

Thank You!!
Greg Goad
Twisp, WA

Payne

Re: KTRT 97.5 Internet Streaming and Stereo Audio Upgrade!

Post by Payne » Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:41 pm

Thanks Greg. I went to the gofundme and dropped $50 and I hope a bunch of others will join in and do anything they can. This upgrade is long overdue.

Thanks for your work, and long live Deputy Don and the Root!

.craig howard.
Last edited by Payne on Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nittygrittylane

Post by nittygrittylane » Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:47 pm

Hello, where can I sent a check?
Thanks, Mcghee

jimbo

Post by jimbo » Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:58 pm

Local music and updates on current events are invaluable.

Just as a local news source like the MVNews should be supported….support your local radio, too.

Besides… Don is a great guy and plays good stuff!

Jim A - Twisp

SafetyThird

Post by SafetyThird » Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:08 am

Love the root, especially the Hayseed Hoot on Saturday. I'm also happy to support. So... are we "establishing capabilities to stream"... or are we going to be able to stream? Please clarify. I'm good for support either way and would LOVE to stream it.

Go Root!

greggoad

Post by greggoad » Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:47 am

Thanks to all who contributed! We have met the goal!

SafetyThird, to clarify, KTRT will be streaming live to the internet 24/7. The current goal is to have the livestream up by Feb 29.

Greg

tristanbgilb

Post by tristanbgilb » Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:23 pm

The american legion radio station KFAC-LP 105.5 FM Twisp uses live365 for a low budget stream at KFAC.net . live365 subscription include licensing of the stream where music owners are paid accordingly. This is the way BMI told me I should do the stream for a little station like ours. Don Ashford has quite and audience and loyal listeners I am sure would love to hear from him all around the world... His needs might be greater than live365 can justify, but I do recommend their service especially for the bookkeeping and automatic paying of the song license owners. Thanks for all of your service to music and community Greg Goad. I like that song "Down" on your album we play on the legion station.
Tristan Gilbert

Return to “Main Forum”     Back