well water testing

This forum is shown on the index page along with all topics.
TheLing

well water testing

Post by TheLing » Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:04 pm

Hi All,
We are looking to have our well water tested. From the dept of ecology site it looks like Okanogan public health may offer this but only tests for nitrates and coliform bacteria. Has anyone used a different service to test for VOCs or other chemicals? I know some folks have high arsenic levels as well.
Thanks

RAK

Re: well water testing

Post by RAK » Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:07 pm

I would call the following. They use to ship the proper sampling containers to you, with instructions, when they were Cascade Analytical. Near the new traffic Circle, just before you hit Wenatchee from the north, from Chelan

Eurofins Microbiology Laboratories, Inc. (Cascade)
Eurofins Microbiology Laboratories, Inc., formally Cascade Analytical

https://www.eurofinsus.com/food-testing/us-food-locations/eurofins-microbiology-laboratory-cascade/

Wenatchee Location and Hours

3014 Ohme Road
Wenatchee, WA 98801

(509) 490-4828

Samples can be dropped off Monday through Friday 8am to 4pm.
(Saturday by emergency only, please call ahead to coordinate)

Rick Karro

melcooke1951

Post by melcooke1951 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:12 pm

I don't know if it is still the case but in the past we were able to get test containers at the Winthrop City Office. Additionally you could leave samples at that office and Brett and Sons does a regular run to Cascade Analytical in Wenatchee as already mentioned.

I'd give the Winthrop Town Hall a call.
Mel Cooke

salsalady

Post by salsalady » Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:04 pm

Afaik... Brett doesnt do deliveries to Eurofin Weatchee.

RC Delivery does coordinate for water testing. I had to contact the Yakima office of Eurofin for receipt of the cooler and test vials. You need to talk to them regarding what tests are appropriate for your system. Mine is used for food processing, which might be different than for a residence. But you may want a full panel if tests...

RC makes daily deliveries and pick ups in the valley. I was told to contact them a day or 2 before and have the samples ready for pick up by 7.00 am. We are right on their route, they would pick up at our place. You may be asked to take the sample to a pick up location in town. RC delivers to the wenatchee eurofin lab, formerly Cascade Analytical.

The lab does not accept samples on Friday. Mon-Thurs only.

Hope this helps.
SL

Edit....previous post says eurofin accepts dropoff samples in wenatchee M-F. Verify before making the trip. I understand Wenatchee sends the samples to Yakima. Could be mistaken on that.

another Chris

Post by another Chris » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:09 am

I have had very good results from Anatek labs in Spokane as well- last time I used them, they shipped a cooler with bottles and forms that I shipped back UPS.

Return to “Main Forum”     Back