Women walkers beware and stay safe.

This forum is shown on the index page along with all topics.
northcascadecabincare

Women walkers beware and stay safe.

Post by northcascadecabincare » Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:32 pm

Walkers beware, creepy stalker guy in his 60’s in a silver Mazda like wagon (2009 ish) followed my daughter on Twist River Road and turned around three times, trying to get her to stop and talk to him. She finally had to run to get away. Please be careful and be on the lookout.
Marty Olson

connieburke

Re: Women walkers beware and stay safe.

Post by connieburke » Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:09 pm

Have you checked the sex offender registry?

https://www.icrimewatch.net/index.php?AgencyID=54480

Search by city brings up one in Twisp who is 35, but out of compliance and Omak & Okanogan bring up several possibilities.

You can also sign up for email notifications for your area.
Connie Burke - Twisp

Jessica

Post by Jessica » Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:53 pm

So happy to hear your daughter is safe! What she went through makes my skin crawl.

Does anyone know if there are state/local government web cameras on 20 in Twisp? Many intersections have them, they are publicly accessible thru other channels, i.e. access to the government database behind internet security. If so, the car might be recorded on camera. Is there a community group for Twisp River Road? Where one can ask neighbors who has web cams & if any have video of the road?

I doubt that any report can be filed, harassing women is common place & acceptable in our society. But if the license plate number could be found then maybe one can learn more about this individual & his habits.

Best,

Jessica Gallegos
Carlton, WA

brittany.aae

Post by brittany.aae » Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:30 pm

The onus ought not be on the women, the girls, and the victims. Okanogan County Sheriff's Office, where are you on this case of stalking?

Marty, if you're not getting the response your daughter deserves from the OCSO, I suggest you contact the Criminal Justice Training Commission and file a complaint. Though our county lacks the usual oversight mechanism used in other rural Sheriff's Offices (a County Executive or independent ombudsman), the CJTC is charged with investigating each complaint they receive. It sounds like you're already on alert but I urge you to take this situation seriously and to believe your daughter.

Stalking is a crime. It isn't flattering, sweet, or unrequited love; it is a crime that ruins the lives of women and girls. I'll re-share the statistics I posted recently:

The National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey (NISVS) reports that about 1 in 3 women and 1 in 6 men have been stalked at some point in their lives. According to the NCADV, 76% of women murdered by an intimate partner were stalked first, while 85% of women who survived murder attempts were stalked. 54% of femicide victims reported stalking to the police before they were killed by their stalkers. 1 in 7 stalking victims has been forced to move because of their victimization.

86% of victims surveyed reported their personalities had changed as a result of being stalked. 37% of stalking victims fulfill the diagnostic criteria for post-traumatic stress disorder, and an additional 18% fulfilled all but one diagnostic criteria.1 in 8 stalking victims has reported losing work because of the stalking. More than half of these victims reported losing 5 or more work days. 1 in 4 stalking victims contemplated suicide. Stalking is a serious crime that is predictive of more violent crimes to come and extreme outcomes for victims.

Raven Aae

jashof

Post by jashof » Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:16 pm

Was this reported to the sheriff?

leahk

Post by leahk » Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:53 pm

Hi Marty,
Would you be willing to direct message me please?
Thank you,
Leah Kominak
Leah Kominak

navisradwick1

Post by navisradwick1 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:27 pm

I was on foot, a bit after 10 am, today getting my tires changed, I saw a silver boxy suv type, just like that turn pull over by the Twisp post office, where I was, I didn't think too much of it, I walked down by Yo-dog, and that same car pulled in there and then did a u-by me, Who ever was in the car didn't talk to me though. At the time I thought that person was lost, now I am creeped out.
Last edited by navisradwick1 on Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Reapward

Post by Reapward » Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:46 pm

Just remember, Sisterhood is Powerful.
Thanks Raven, Jessica and others for bringing this to light. The statistics are disturbing and I hadn't really thought that much about this problem. Now by eyes are open.
Pearl Cherrington

navisradwick1

Post by navisradwick1 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:55 pm

The person I saw driving was older.
The car Honda 1999 CR-V silver no black trim, and square-ish back side cargo section window. (Not slopped back window like modern cars) The car was also unwaxed.(not glossy)
I am sure it was the same person.
There is no police in Twisp but luckily for Twisp there is a city council.

Reapward

Post by Reapward » Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:24 pm

It is good to report it to the sheriff even though they may not be able to do anything about it. But it will go on the record as an incident. Getting license plates and a good car description is good too.
Pearl Cherrington

Return to “Main Forum”     Back