Women walkers beware and stay safe.

This forum is shown on the index page along with all topics.
navisradwick1

Re: Women walkers beware and stay safe.

Post by navisradwick1 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:37 pm

I didn't realize I needed a license until after I read this post. But I will bring a note pad next time.

karlukkid

Post by karlukkid » Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:22 am

This is disturbing news....May I suggest that we all have phones,,take pictures, Bruce Herron Wolf Creek
Bruce Herron Wolf Creek

navisradwick1

Post by navisradwick1 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:12 am

I CARRY a phone in my purse, but I didn't know I was having an issue until after I read this post.
I am going to keep my eyes open.

Jessica

Post by Jessica » Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:22 pm

Navisradwick1,

Thank you for your post! It creeps me out what is happening right now. Happy to know you are OK! Someone should call the sheriff's department, explain what is happening in Twisp and see if they are willing to patrol here for a few days. I doubt they will, harassing women is acceptable.

May I ask a question? When you were walking on Glover Street yesterday, were you & the silver Honda in the area of the CenturyLink building next to the post office? I am 100% positive that building has a video camera. It is a long shot if the camera captured anything.

Questions for readers of this post:
- Does anyone know businesses that have video camera’s on Glover Street?
- Who does maintenance/house calls for CenturyLink in the Twisp area?
- Does anyone know who has had a CenturyLink visit in the past few weeks?

This data search probably will result in nothing, but a video is out there somewhere. Plan to call some local newspapers to find their resources for video in the area. Found out who NCW Life contracts with for video coverage, now need to find others.

What really needs to be found is a connection to an LPR in the area. Also, there must be an unknown camera collecting data for the intersection of Hwy 2 and Hwy 153. Talked with someone at WSDOT and found out there are an additional 2 cameras in the Pateros area that is not publicly accessible on their web site. Again, these are long shots but a video does exist.

Scary times and thank you!

Jessica Gallegos
Carlton, WA

navisradwick1

Post by navisradwick1 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:14 pm

I did call the sheriff's office and told what happened to me, and the girl on Sun. I also mentioned this bulletin board. The dispatcher said she would give this information to the Twisp council, so they can discuss it the next time they meet.

As far as where I was on 4th and Glover, the car that zoomed past, I thought was headed to the post office, since it was near by, and there was not a lot on that street. It drove past me before doing the first u-turn. Later the car also pulled in to the Yo dog, for the second U-turn. I left Yo dog a message.

Return to “Main Forum”     Back