T Mobile problems

This forum is shown on the index page along with all topics.
Jessica G

Re: T Mobile problems

Post by Jessica G » Tue Aug 06, 2024 8:54 am

Reading about people who are having issues, it seems like people with problems who identify their phones are using Android models; people who say they are not having service problems seem to be using iPhones.

I have had T-mobile since 2021. I live on Twin lakes Rd and have no issues with service or data in most of the areas I go. I have three lines - my son and I have iPhones and my daughter has a cellular-enabled Apple Watch. My son streams A LOT with the unlimited data that comes with the plan, no issues. I rarely stream on my phone, but it has no problems when I do. When we go on longer trips, like to Wenatchee, my daughter will stream Netflix and Amazon Prime to my iPad using my phone's hotspot that comes with the plan.

The only dead spots I encounter on my semi-regular routes:
- starting between Weeman and Mazama on Highway 20 heading west (and unreliable/lower quality service in Newhalem than I had with Verizon)
- Patterson Lake Rd to Thompson ridge Rd - works much better on the lower part of Patterson Lake Rd than I had with Verizon - service available from the bottom to past Moccasin Lake ranch, spotty in the turns around Elbow Coulee turnoff, available by the lake and near the cabins, none at Chickadee, some signal up at the top of Thompson Ridge Rd
- no service on Hwy 97 around Wells Dam and a few miles before and after
- a gap in service from the south end of Okanogan (near the bridge), spotty until the top of the Loup, then better as you head back down towards the Methow side.

Of note - My son previously had an iPhone SE 2020 model that wasn't compatible with 5G; it could only get LTE. My 13 Mini 5G model consistently got better service/data than his did (oh, the whining of a teenager with slow data). When he upgraded to an iPhone 12 his complaints went away. I wonder if some of the Android users are having a similar or related issue? Back when I did my research before switching, it seemed like T-Mobile was definitely geared toward 5G coverage in our area.
Jessica Goldberg

del.Siena

Post by del.Siena » Tue Aug 06, 2024 6:54 pm

Yes, it does seem to be related to Android.
BUT ..
Why don't I have any problems on the West Side?
It is only here in the Methow Valley.
It must be some different configuration of settings on our local cell towers.
-del Siena

connieburke

Post by connieburke » Tue Aug 06, 2024 11:05 pm

Same for me. Only in Winthrop and not anywhere else, including the west side
Connie Burke - Twisp

william>>>tell

Post by william>>>tell » Wed Aug 07, 2024 1:38 pm

hi i posted in the beginning of this thread...i see its taken some momentum ,,i have a prepaid t-mobile which i renew annually for about 13 dollars,which is great regarding overall cost,,i don't have that much invested in this like other folks..my renewal is approaching later this month,,,as explained previously i've been having the ongoing problem i make a call i hear their voice they do not hear my voice...i motivated to call t-mobile approx 45 minutes ago, i called on my totally reliable landline[good ol reliable] talked to a real person,,she the rep.was polite and helpful..i explained my service problems and also the buzz on our local b.b. regarding t-mobile connectivity?? i asked her to take note of this and gave her the two zip codes....one test she did was i put the landline on speakerphone staying connected with her,,then she called my t-mobile number we were able to connect and talk,signal was a little weak nonetheless it worked...went back to the landline to finish the original call,,the next approach we discussed was i would do some tests attempting t-mobile calls documenting the time ,date ,number,weather it worked or not,rang or not etc.etc....first test was to call the landline number,,,first test call failed,,second test absolutely nothing third attempt went outside approx. 200 feet up a hill with 2 bars showing i called the landline number got it to ring and the digital answering machine had voice,,left a message testing 1 2 3 4 5 ended call went back inside to check caller i.d. acknowledged the call...there was no voice message,,presuming it did the same dysfunctional [can not hear my voice issue] as indicated i would document all of this i will now over the next 48 hours make attempts at other calls with some friends and document all of that...my overall reaction its looking grim to have any confidence in t-mobile,,to be fair i will do the homework and see how it sums up....i urge customers having these consistent problems to document/call with their service issues and explain the larger picture locally..weather it helps who knows??? t-mobile get your[service personnel] act together el pronto!!!!..............william>>>tell

del.Siena

Post by del.Siena » Wed Aug 21, 2024 1:51 am

New IPhone
No problems

Return to “Main Forum”     Back