Handy Man for hire (carpentry & Plumbing)

This forum is shown on the index page along with all topics.
smallpondkyle

Handy Man for hire (carpentry & Plumbing)

Post by smallpondkyle » Mon Aug 26, 2024 6:22 pm

Hello Valley Residents!

I'm a handyman based in Carlton and recently moved to the area. I specialize in plumbing and carpentry and am available to assist with your home improvement needs throughout the valley.

Services Offered:
Plumbing
Carpentry

How to Contact Me:
Email: KyleGeorgeHoffman@gmail.com
Phone: 425-518-9873

How It Works:
1) Send me a description of the work you need done.
2) Include photos or videos of the area(s) requiring attention.

A Bit About Me: I recently graduated with a degree in design and have hands-on experience in finish carpentry from a summer apprenticeship during college. Since graduating, I’ve also coached youth hockey, joined the Carlton Fire Department, and gained additional plumbing experience. You can view some of my previous work in this portfolio, though please note it hasn't been updated since 2020.

I'm excited to be part of this community and look forward to helping with your projects!

Bremelo

Re: Handy Man for hire (carpentry & Plumbing)

Post by Bremelo » Mon Aug 26, 2024 8:34 pm

Good evening, so glad to see you’re willing to jump in there and do some odd jobs, but unfortunately for the plumbing you need to have a WA state plumbing license, specialty contracting license bonding and insurance to do that kind of work! There are several guys here who have put in the long hours working, training studying and taking the test, not to mention yearly continuing education. Also WA state Labor and industries does cruise these sites looking for these type of posts, they may give you a call concerning your advertisement of plumbing services! Just a heads up! If you do get caught plumbing with out the proper credentials and insurance there are fines that can be incurred.
Cheers!

smallpondkyle

Post by smallpondkyle » Mon Aug 26, 2024 11:22 pm

Thank you for the heads up! I currently have my Plumbers trainee Card and am well on my way towards my license:)

Bremelo

Post by Bremelo » Tue Aug 27, 2024 9:19 pm

Well, that’s a good start, but you need a journey plumber to supervise you and to sign off your hours. That requires you to be an employee of that journeyman. So any work Not under the supervision of said plumber does not count towards your hours! Besides that still leaves in question your insurance and bonding! Neither of which you can get for any type of plumbing unless you have tested out and have received your WA state plumbing license! I suggest you not advertise for plumbing unless those requirements are met! This should discourage you from wanting to be a plumber, but you definitely need to go about it in the proper manner.

Bremelo

Post by Bremelo » Tue Aug 27, 2024 9:35 pm

That was supposed to say “Not discouraged” the valley definitely needs plumbers! But we need plumbers who are honest and have integrity! That means going about it the right way! Crossing tees and dotting i’s!

owleaf

Post by owleaf » Thu Aug 29, 2024 11:30 am

Hi Kyle, WELCOME to the Valley!

I'll be emailing you.
By the way thanks for moving here! Locals in the valley are short of plumbers and construction workers because these tradesmen aren't available for anything other than new construction, most are booked out for quite some time.

Shelley Block

LCF

Post by LCF » Thu Aug 29, 2024 12:46 pm

Kyle is great , had him do s9me work for me recently and he did a great job, definitely recommend him for handy man services.
Eric
Willow Brook

BSMoran

Post by BSMoran » Fri Aug 30, 2024 6:15 pm

I too will probably be contacting you Kyle. I totally agree with Shelley above. Has anyone out there tried to get a plumber to come out and do some work for them lately? It's just not gonna happen, unless you have a serious emergency (and I'm not even sure then). Forget it if you have some non-emergency work to be done.
Bruce Moran

colleenTC

Post by colleenTC » Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:02 am

Yes Bruce, finding a plumber is difficult especially small jobs or remodeling jobs.

There are 2 in Omak that I have contacted. Crossing my fingers.

Same with electrician but I have that lined up and I’m grateful!

C

Return to “Main Forum”     Back