Rescued doggo needs a foster home

This forum is shown on the index page along with all topics.
joseysranch

Rescued doggo needs a foster home

Post by joseysranch » Tue Jul 23, 2024 1:16 pm

As you may have seen here on the BB, my wife and I found and rescued a lost dog fairly deep in the woods above the Yellowjacket sno park on Sunday afternoon.

She is not micro-chipped, no one has claimed her, and it does not appear as though anyone will. Previous sightings lead us to believe that she had been in the woods for multiple days.

Unfortunately, since we already have two dogs (one of which is not so other dog friendly), we cannot keep her. She has been at a friend's house since Sunday, but he can't keep her longer than another day or so.

I'm hoping someone in the valley would be willing to foster her (or is looking for a sweet pup to bring home!).

She is a SUPER sweet 3(ish) year old Pit, that appears to have had a couple of litters of puppies. Her paws pads are still healing, and she is eating and drinking like a champ, but had clearly not eaten in many days. She is not spayed.

Please give me a text or a buzz if you are interested (or have some ideas on where she can go!). Thank you!

Simon
two-oh-six six-one-too-tree-nyne-seven-ate

biglakejudy

Re: Rescued doggo needs a foster home

Post by biglakejudy » Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:00 pm

there is no way to offer enough thanks to the people who put themselves out to rescue dogs and cats (and whatever else humans decide to throw away) That small spark of caring is so important. It takes a special human to mend these little hearts with love. My friend Heather worked for he vet in Chelan. It got to be a joke to figure out how many dogs she took home. Dogs no one wanted or just said, put them down. Sigh. A thank you from me. Its not her fault, someone will want her and love her.
Judy Brezina

joseysranch

Re: Rescued doggo needs a foster home

Post by joseysranch » Sat Jul 27, 2024 7:30 pm

(Thank you, Judy!)

UPDATE: the doggo (now known to be "Peaches") has been reunited with her family!

She is from Chelan, and her family was camping over the 4th of July weekend, when fireworks scared Peaches enough to run into the woods. This means she was out there for 2 1/2 weeks!

BIg ups to the upstanding fellows (one in Winthrop and one in Twisp) who took Peaches in for a few days each as she recovered and waited to find her fam.

And a huge shout out to the kind humans who make up the ad-hoc network of people that find, coordinate care for, and (re)unite lost pets with families. Okanogan County does not have a shelter nor public resources for lost pets - it relies on the big-hearts and generosity of a few folks.

<3

Return to “Main Forum”     Back