Macaw needs rehoming

This forum is shown on the index page along with all topics.
owleaf

Macaw needs rehoming

Post by owleaf » Sat Jul 06, 2024 9:26 am

I'm looking for a new home for my Macaw. I'll be traveling and cannot find suitable care for her when needed. Sweet, yet opinionated female Macaw, 22 years old in good health. She needs freedom to roam a bit everyday and a person who has a love of birds and is dedicated to a relationship that is, "one on one" for close contact. For sale, $350 with cage, offers considered. Thank you in advance for not posting any judgmental comments, this was a hard decision to make.
reply to; shelleysunshine7@gmail.com

Shelley Block
Last edited by owleaf on Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Redwood

Re: Macaw needs rehoming

Post by Redwood » Sat Jul 06, 2024 10:29 am

It sounds like you are making a very responsible decision for your bird so that they can have a happy life with ample companionship, and I'm sure it was very hard one to make. Out of curiosity, why are you selling the bird for money?

owleaf

Post by owleaf » Sat Jul 06, 2024 11:48 am

In response to your question; if you were to secure an exotic bird from a bird rescue, the shelter would ensure that the bird went to a safe home and good owner. The bird would not be free.
All life is to be respected on earth. I have reverence for her spirit, birdy joy, mental stability, health, life and safety. She is beautiful.
I wish for her to be truly cared for and loved by her new person/ family. I will establish that there will be stability within her new owner and home environment. It is my experience that when animals are given away for free sometimes they are disposed of or neglected like a new toy after a while. I have raised her from a baby and she has been in my care for 22 years. When there is someone who comes along and truly is a good fit, a token investment will show me that she is indeed valued by her new "potential owner" and there is a sincerity in the person to be a responsible pet owner.

biglakejudy

Post by biglakejudy » Sat Jul 06, 2024 2:32 pm

Perfect. Well done. And true.
Judy Brezina

Return to “Main Forum”     Back