I received a (spider?) bite yesterday

This forum is shown on the index page along with all topics.
biglakejudy

I received a (spider?) bite yesterday

Post by biglakejudy » Wed Jun 19, 2024 4:41 pm

Wasn't feeling so hot all day yesterday. Discovered a bite bump on my neck about oneish. By night my neck had thick lumps under the skin. Hurt a bit, itched a bit and was growing larger.
Anybody got a clue?

I tried to check the internet and couldn't find anything that came close. But I did find out a lot of things like to bite humans. Go figure.
Judy Brezina

navisradwick1

Re: I received a (spider?) bite yesterday

Post by navisradwick1 » Wed Jun 19, 2024 7:34 pm

Brown recluse. you will have something that gets big like a pimple, the skin will turn black in that area, (dime sized) If you go to the doctor you can get something to put on it. But I think it will do it's thing. They do get better eventually.
Last edited by navisradwick1 on Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

navisradwick1

Post by navisradwick1 » Wed Jun 19, 2024 7:35 pm

I had a black widow bite. I had a really hard stomach and was sick for 3 days.

drewsky

Post by drewsky » Wed Jun 19, 2024 9:35 pm

Our area is well outside the range of brown recluse spiders, so those can be ruled out. If you weren't able to confirm that a spider bit you, the most likely cause is a bacterial infection. Most people who think they have spider bites actually have a bacterial skin infection (staph or otherwise; there are numerous possible causes). The problem could also be caused by an actual insect bite, or even an insect bite that has become infected, but if it's getting more painful and/or spreading to a larger area it should really be evaluated by a medical professional as bacterial infections run the risk of becoming serious problems very quickly.

2pondarosas

Post by 2pondarosas » Thu Jun 20, 2024 4:42 am

I have a Mineral water that pulls the poison out so it won;t swell or itch... works with Bee Stings as well.. Very Amazing Product.

navisradwick1

Post by navisradwick1 » Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:55 am

My daughter got bit by a brown recluse and she lives in Portland OR. She went to a doctor there and that is what she was told.

With my black widow bite, I went to Dr. Jensen at the time, and this is what he told me.

biglakejudy

Post by biglakejudy » Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:29 am

Im keeping an eye on it and probably will make an appointment as soon as the Clinic opens today. Thanks for all the suggestions.
Judy Brezina

moose

Post by moose » Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:36 pm

I had a customer off east county road get multiple brown recluse bites in one night while he was sleeping. Tragic event. He ended up in hospital for 3 months, sent him home and he passed away 6 months later. RIP Bob
I have identified them (recluse) in my garage, so not impossible
Joe Frey

Clem

Post by Clem » Thu Jun 20, 2024 4:11 pm

A friend of mine thought his expanding red painful neck rash was a spider bite until it became clear he had a case of shingles.

Return to “Main Forum”     Back