UPDATE: I started a GoFundMe Campaign! A very vulnerable bulletin board post...

This forum is shown on the index page along with all topics.
molly.jenn721

UPDATE: I started a GoFundMe Campaign! A very vulnerable bulletin board post...

Post by molly.jenn721 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:06 pm

Hey all, Molly Starcher here from The Little Dipper. I am reaching out to our community in a search for financial resources, be that federal, state, nonprofit, private, etc for my elderly dad. He is a lively, delightful 83 with dementia. He lived a beautiful life and didn’t save a penny. He had kids late, and none of us are rich enough yet to give him the end of life we want to give him.

I’m lucky enough to live in the same town as Jamie’s Place, who has a room available for him. This costs about $72,000 annually for the first two years until we can apply for a Medicaid bed. His social security covers $19200 per year, our family can contribute $18000 per year currently. That leaves a $34800 per year difference. I’ve scoured the internet for grants, programs, nonprofits, private funding and have come up with nothing that can help with the gap.

Has anyone found any programs for assistance out there?

I really didn’t know how sad this time of life is for most people until very recently. Doing everything I can (including posting on the bulletin board) to give my dad a shot at an alternative.

I’m sure hoping to be a cookie selling millionaire tycoon in the near future, but I need a little more time…
Last edited by molly.jenn721 on Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Molly Starcher

erinettenger

Re: A very vulnerable bulletin board post...

Post by erinettenger » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:02 pm

Sending you and your family lots of love Molly <3
-- Erin

molly.jenn721

Re: A very vulnerable bulletin board post...

Post by molly.jenn721 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:49 pm

Hello everyone! Thank you for the moral support and kind words this past week, it means a lot. I've reached out to DSHS, Aging and Adult Care, and other organizations to see if there was anything I had missed but still came up with nothing to help bridge the financial gap immediately. I have started a GoFundMe for my dad in hopes of bridging the gap between what we can cover financially and the total cost of getting him into Jamie's Place.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-gene-genie-weenie-starcher-get-care?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1

This is the link, please share!

Thank you for all the support!

Molly
Molly Starcher

Return to “Main Forum”     Back