Found! Green Kona Mountain Bike

This forum is shown on the index page along with all topics.
Jessica G

Found! Green Kona Mountain Bike

Post by Jessica G » Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:28 pm

UPDATE: My faith in the world is restored - the laws of physics apply and valley is owed an apology for having to face the possibility that our special place was, at least momentarily a little less special. The bike was apparently not stolen (which was an assumption after my son's dad spent an hour driving around looking for it retracing the truck route). Instead, it apparently did fall out of the back of his truck on some corners on Twin Lakes Rd and some WONDERFUL person found it and propped it against a tree in Tiny Town trailhead parking lot. A colleague of mine had seen it last night and texted me when he saw my post. We drove down immediately and there it was, a little scuffed up and needing some TLC, but NOT STOLEN.

To everyone who sent well wishes and offers of assistance, THANK YOU and I SO appreciate you all.

Original Post: This afternoon my son's green 2018 Kona Hei Hei AL/DL Large full suspension mountain bike was stolen out of his dad's truck in the Thriftway parking lot.

It is such a bummer - he's on the local mountain bike racing team and they stopped at the store for a few minutes after getting picked up from practice. He was supposed to race in Port Gamble this weekend and here up at the Loup next weekend. Please keep your eyes out and your stuff locked. I wish we didn't live in that world, but unfortunately we do, even here.
Last edited by Jessica G on Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jessica Goldberg

ML Harris

Re: Stolen Green Kona Mountain Bike at Thriftway Today 9/22

Post by ML Harris » Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:40 pm

So sorry to hear this. I imagine you already asked, but do they have security cams that might have recorded the theft?

Jessica G

Post by Jessica G » Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:44 pm

Yes, they are going to check.
Jessica Goldberg

Cairn

Post by Cairn » Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:44 pm

Are you jessica goldberg, the attorney for Edelweiss?

You should probably just buy another mtn bike from one of our great mtn bike stores.
You cant go wrong in the Valley!

Jessica G

Post by Jessica G » Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:55 pm

Apparently you can go wrong in the valley, or I wouldn't have had anything to post about.

No. I am not an attorney, and I don't think I have ever been to Edelweiss. I am Jessica Goldberg, Liberty Bell HS class of '93. I work for a local salmon recovery nonprofit, and I am a single mom of two. While I agree that we have an awesome local bike shop (Joe and Julie are fantastic supporters of the team), I certainly cannot afford a new bike that is suitable for competitive racing. It was already a stretch to afford the bike we had, which I got used off of this bulletin board from a local who offered it at a good price with a discount to a member of the mountain bike team. (It still cost twice as much as my first car.)

I am not really under any illusions that the bike will be found, although the truck was parked right in front of the store in full view of the security cameras, and they will be checking the footage tomorrow. We have the serial number and will file a police report. My 14 year old son will borrow a bike for the race this weekend. And life will go on. But we have heavy hearts tonight.
Jessica Goldberg

ctbehrens

Post by ctbehrens » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:28 am

Jessica

I am sorry that this happened to you and your son. I've been there before. Sucks.

Hopeful that something will come from the security footage.

Chris
Christopher Behrens

Jessica G

Re: Found! Green Kona Mountain Bike

Post by Jessica G » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:51 am

I so appreciate the kind words from people, and am really appreciative that it has turned out so well. I have never been so happy to be wrong. Many are not so lucky!
Jessica Goldberg

Return to “Main Forum”     Back